Updated and current as of July 14, 2020
Below are Vibrant Life Senior Living Guidelines for Visiting Families and Guests. These rules are based upon Emergency
Order MCL 333.2253 declared June 30, 2020 by Robert Gordon, Director of Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). Please click here to view the order.
These items have been determined primary from Item #4 in the Emergency Order. The letters of each item correspond with the letters of that Order.
Please note, that based on the Emergency Order described above, we, as a facility, have the right to determine visitation rules for our particular community, based upon guidelines set in the order. Our first priority is keeping residents, staff and families safe. We also understand and respect the importance of family visitation for the well-being of our residents, staff and families. Please work with us and respect our process, as we attempt to balance these two important issues. Please remember, that all visitation rights are granted by the Administrator of the senior community in conjunction with the Director of Resident Care Services. All visitation will be scheduled and be determined on an individual basis.
Conditions and Guidelines for Visitation
All Family or Friends who would like a visit MUST adhere to or undergo the following:
- All Visitation by appointment only.
- All visitors will be required to fill out a questionnaire describing any travel, or proximity to anyone with Covid-19 or symptoms of Covid-19.
- All visitors will have temperature taken and cannot be over 100 degrees F.
- All visitors cannot be sick or show any signs of sickness.
- All visitors must wear a mask.
- All visitors must socially distance, staying at least six feet apart from EVERYONE. (excluding those who are helping a resident with ADL’s).
- All visitors must adhere to the facility handwashing and sanitizing protocol.
- All visitors must be respectful to the staff, Administration and residents.
- All visitors will visit only either outside in a designated area, in the resident’s room, or in another designated area.
- All visitors must enter and exit from the designated entry and exit points.
- All visitors should limit their interactions to their own relative or loved one.
- All visitors should not share food with residents.
- All visitors must let the facility know if they have had Covid-19 or symptoms similar to Covid-19 within the last 14 days.
- Visitors will not be allowed to visit individuals who are:
- In a Covid-19 positive unit
- Are in isolation
- Are in Observation for Covid-19
These provisions may be changed or updated depending on new Government guidelines or the facilities ability to provide the appropriate care for individuals while allowing limited visitation.
Thank you in advance for your support of these visitation rights and practices. We are doing our best to accommodate everyone – the government, our families, and of course our residents and staff.
We care deeply for all of you and will get through this together.
Your Vibrant Life Senior Living Family